Hey there, I'm Suzie. I'm so excited to connect with you.
To be honest, this blog is as much for me as it is for you. It's a place for me to share and process all the stuff in my life...while hopefully helping other ladies out and making some friends along the way.
You see, I spent the past few years traveling the world with my husband - living in a different country every few months. And yes, it was AMAZING! I had so many life-changing experiences and created beautiful friendships.
But, the thing about the travel lifestyle is you're never in one place for long so your friendships all turn into "long distance" friends.
I'm just now getting settled into the idea of being in one place for a longer period of time (back to my home state of New Hampshire) and looking to create/find my likeminded community -- both online AND off.
Basically, I want to share myself -- fully and authentically -- not only to continue to understand myself and who I am, but to attract the soul-sisters that I'm craving into my life (who knows, maybe that's you 😜...I promise, I don't mean that to come off as creepy)
So here's the deal...I'm going to be honest, I'm going to be real, and I'm going to be myself here. If you vibe with it, then I'm serious - let's be friends! And if you don't, no worries I probably won't vibe with you either, let's not fake it 😂
So here's my "looking for girl-friends (guys are totally welcome too...I've historically has more guy friends anyway) to connect on a seriously honest, soulful, deep level" dating site bio:
1. I'm a mama. Like most moms, I'm obsessed with my child. No, it's not the only thing I'm capable of talking about. But yes, if you're interested I'm always ready to chat about natural(ish) motherhood, conscious parenting, and how much my son Luken loves peek-a-boo.
2. I'm in love with all things nutrition/natural health/psychology/personal development/spirituality/etc. I'm actually a holistic health coach and studied Clinical Nutrition & Holistic Health. But I also love nachos, spending afternoons at microbreweries, crude comedy (think Ali Wong), and yeah, I occasionally can get down on myself. Overall though, I'm always trying to learn about myself, improve the things I care about, and generally be the best human I can be.
3. The movie I've seen the most times is "She's the Man" with Amanda Bynes. Do with that what you will.
4. I'm teaching myself how to play the ukulele. Major props to musicians who can play an instrument and sing at the same time. I'm working on it.
5. I'm currently writing a book...which is a lot of work, but I know the end result will be totally worth it. It's called "Heal, Love, Save: A Mother's Ayahuasca Journey Through the Life Cycle." It's going to be incredible, if I do say so myself.
6. I once was highly anxious. Now I'm the exact opposite of an anxious person. I mostly credit number 2 (as well as my amazing husband who stops any of my anxious thoughts in their tracks) with that transformation. Sometimes I think I might be toooo chill. But that's okay, because life seems to be a lot more enjoyable that way.
7. I'm realizing now that bullet points trying to sum up my life/personal philosophy/personality could get quite tedious and as I'm writing this Luken is waking up from his nap, so I'll end it there. Just check out my blog/social media to learn more and feel free to connect with me any way you see fit.